Monday, October 5, 2015

I love Conference!!!

Bonjour!
Wasn't conference fantastic?? I felt like I was 3 again opening up my
very first Elmo. It was that good! I haven't seen the Sunday afternoon
session yet but I'm super pumped to do so. My heart aches for our dear
prophet President Monson, he doesn't seem well and I was so worried
during his talk, please keep him in your prayers. I was also delighted
to hear the announcement of the three new apostles. I know these men
are called of God and I'm excited for the opportunity we all have to
learn from them.
So here are some of my highlights from what I've seen of conference so
far, excuse my paraphrasing:)
Rosemary M. Wixom:
"God sent us here to prepare for a future greater than we can imagine."

Linda S. Reeves:
"Sisters, I do not know why we have the many trials that we have, but
it is my personal feeling that the reward is so great, so eternal and
everlasting, so joyful and beyond our understanding that in that day
of reward, we may feel to say to our merciful, loving Father, “Was
that all that was required?” I believe that if we could daily remember
and recognize the depth of that love our Heavenly Father and our
Savior have for us, we would be willing to do anything to be back in
Their presence again, surrounded by Their love eternally. What will it
matter, dear sisters, what we suffered here if, in the end, those
trials are the very things which qualify us for eternal life and
exaltation in the kingdom of God with our Father and Savior?"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf:
"God didn't design us to be sad, he created us to have joy." And
"exaltation is our goal, discipleship is our journey."

Neill F. Marriott:
"It will all work out.":)

Robert D. Hales:
"The Lord will always lead us, but will we let ourselves be lead?"

Jeffrey R. Holland:
"The closest love to the Savior's love is the devoted love that a
mother has for her child."

Dale G. Renlund:
"The Lord has called me for what He can do through me."

Henry B. Eyring:
"Only through the Holy Ghost we can see things as God sees them."

There were SO MANY that I loved but those are a few that really
touched me. Now my all time favorite talk was the talk by Elder Larry
R. Lawrence when he talked about what lack I yet? It's funny because
earlier in the week as I was studying the life of the Savior, I
studied that story. And so it says in Matthew 19:16-22,
And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing
shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good
but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the
commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou
shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear
false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy
neighbour as thyself.
20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my
youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou
hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven:
and come and follow me.
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful:
for he had great possessions.

This story always gets me. Like Elder Lawrence said, a lot of the time
we are humble enough to ask the Lord what lack I yet? But we aren't
always willing to change what He asks us to change. We are all far
from perfect, myself included. It's not always easy to go before the
Savior and ask Him what we are lacking or what is keeping us from
progressing. But as I've seen throughout my mission, if we are humble
enough to do it and follow through with the answer we receive, He will
change our hearts. And he will help us on our path back home to Him.

I guess I'll tell you about my week now;) besides conference being the
ultimate highlight we were able to find a new ami!
His name is Hahmid, and he has read the BOM twice now and loved it.
During our rendezvous he kept asking, why are there so many churches
when there is only one God?? That's my favorite question:) I'm excited
to keep working with him.

A super nice lady on the bus gave me her scarf! Cool right?? I was
like hey I like your scarf and she said I could keep it! There are
some really cool people in the world.

We had district meeting, it was great! We talked about the importance
of bearing testimony which goes along perfectly with our 30 day
challenge from Elder Adler to bear testimony of the Savior to our
companion every day for 30 days and not miss a day. We recorded
ourselves the first day and the last day we are going to record
ourselves again to see the difference. It's been a really cool
experience so far!

We did an exchange with Montpellier and it was fabulous. I was with
Soeur Grant. I did an exchange with her back in Cannes when she was
bleu. She's grown up so much in the past couple of transfers. She's
one of the most talented missionaries I've ever met. She speaks
incredible French, loves people, and is an awesome teacher. Also she's
just fun to be around. I love her:) also funny story! So we were
leaving their apartment and Soeur James and Soeur Nef were in there
making calls and such so you know we leave like normal and lock the
door. So we get to our next rendezvous which is super far away when
the Soeurs call and tell us we locked them in the apartment!! Yeah
it's one of those that like if it's locked from the outside you can't
get out. Poor things. They were stuck in there the whole afternoon
until we got home that night! But it was kind of funny:)

Well kids that's it for the week. Sorry this is so long. I love you
all and I'm grateful for your examples. I know our Savior loves us
individually. Have a great week!

Love,
Soeur Holmes

Conference Time!!


We bowl hard!



We found  the scripture John 3:16 on a wall in Toulouse


Lunch after district meeting


Conference Selfies



Me and Soeur Grant


On the train at 6 am!! Not fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment