Tuesday, April 7, 2015

conference as a missionary is literally Christmas!

Bonjour!:)
I hope that everyone had a great Easter and ate lots of candy and searched for lots and lots of eggs! But I hope you had an even better time watching general conference! Conference as a missionary is literally Christmas. I get so pumped. We are so so lucky to get to hear from our incredible prophet and other amazing general authorities. We are so blessed. Picking a favorite talk for me is like picking between a really good steak and swiss chocolate. They are both SO incredible but completely different categories so you can't really pick which one you like better! I loved all of them, but for sure there were some that really touched me. All give you some highlights, sorry if they are not quoted word for word,

Elder Holland: "The Savior extended His brotherly hands for all of us."
Elder Clayton:"Our actions are evidence of our belief."
Elder Bednar: "Godly fear dispells mortal fears. Godly fear is loving and trusting Him. His love is perfect and perfect love casteth out all fear."
Elder Christofferson:"No child of God is pre-destined to not recieve all of the blessings that Heavenly Father wants to give us."
Elder Wilford Andersen: " I can teach you to dance, but YOU have to hear the music."
Elder Renlund:"A saint is a sinner who keeps on trying" "No failure ever need be final"
Elder Ringwood:"All I really want in life is to please my fathers."
Elder Caussé: "Never do anything to risk the loss of the companionship of the Holy Ghost."
Elder Uchtdorf:"Grace unlocks the gates of Heaven and opens the windows of Heaven."
I haven't seen Sunday afternoon so I'm sure there are many other great things to add but those were some that stuck out to me. I love conference and getting spiritually fed, we are so blessed!

In other words, we had a great week in Cannes! We did a little bit of everything! I'll share a couple cool miracles that happened this week,

Miracle 1: So we have been hearing about this less active in our ward named Anna for a couple of weeks now. I guess no one can ever get ahold of her and she never responds to anyones messages. Well we decided to do the "missionary stalk" and just show up at her house! So we did! She was not only home, but let us in!! Her story is really sad, she is from the Philippines and a couple of months ago her husband just up and left her and her two little girls. She hasn't been to church in a really long time and when she was going it was mostly because of her husband. So we just visited with her and talked about her life. We didn't want to go all hard core crazy missionary come to church right this second, so we just shared a scripture in alma 32:21 about faith. She was very attentive and told us we could come back:) We'll be seeing her again this week:)

Miracle 2: We were on the bus heading to the church when I saw this lady get on the bus. I kinda had the thought that I should contact her. Well I kinda just pushed it aside and thought about contacting the lady that was standing right next to me, I was going to start contacting her when I had a little thought that was like, "no, walk up to that lady and contact her." So I went to contact the first lady I initially had seen. Her name was Lisa and she is from Portugal and possibly the nicest person I have ever met. I did the family questionnaire with her and she opened right up. She said so many things that are in line with our beliefs and doctrine. I asked if we could see her another time and she quickly agreed and gave me her number. I'm really excited to see where things go with her! Heavenly Father really does put people in our path who are ready for the Gospel.

Miracle 3: Today we had a ward picnic! It was such a blast and I was laughing so hard because these people are so funny. Well one of our members not only invited 1 friend but 6 FRIENDS. And all of them came. All of them were super cool and nice! One of the girls was named Ludavine. Not only is she french, BUT NORMAL. That is rare my friends. She's 28, has a solid job, catholic background but not practicing (normal for france) so cute and nice! AND speaks English!! She lived in NYC and Miami for 4 years being a hair stylist! She was really intrigued by the fact that we are just here for 18 months talking about our Gospel. She was like "so you meet people and tell them about your church..what do you talk about??" Practically she said "so tell me what you tell people about your church!" We are going to go to lunch with her this week and tell her more about what we believe. I'm so excited.

We had an incredible Zone Conference this past weekend in Nice. Nice is really nice. haha punny. Nice is pronounced like niece.:) anyway we had a great zone conference. I am so blessed to have President Roney as a mission president. He is literally the coolest person I have ever met and all I want is to be him. haha We talked about trusting in the Lord more. Putting all of our trust in Him. Giving Him our agency and telling Him that we trust Him enough to do what He asks us to do. I love the Lord and I want to trust Him more. In P Roney's words "We can trust Him because He is perfectly trustworthy." So true. But then why sometimes do we hesitate when the Lord asks us to do something? I wish I had an answer, but I hope we can all try to trust Him more, because we can. Because He keeps His promises and because He is trustworthy. I love Him, but I want to love Him more. President also gave all the missionaries this beautiful book called The Life of the Savior. He didn't compile it but he like endorsed it or something. Pretty much it's matthew, mark, luke, and john, and modern scripture like bom and d&c compilled with no repition. So the life of the Savior is read like a storybook. It's incredible. I started reading it and I can't wait to keep reading it. The life of our Savior truly is incredible. If you get a chance to read the Gospels in the New Testament do it because I read them and it changed my life.

I love you all! The Savior loves you, and Heavenly Father loves you! I hope you have a great week!:)

Love,
Soeur Holmes



No comments:

Post a Comment