Sunday, October 12, 2014

a week of many miracles

Wow this week has been INSANE. One, the mission is the absolute best, I would not want to be anywhere else but here. This is seriously the most life changing best experience.
So this week. It started off rocky, Soeur Caldwell was sick with the flu so 3 out of the 7 days we were in our apartment cause she was so sick, it made me so sad and I just wanted her to feel better so we could go out and do some work!! Studying from 8 am to 9 pm was just too much. haha you really know you're becoming a missionary when all you want to do is tell people about the Gospel, honestly being stuck inside was torture I just wanted to be out working!!
So once Soeur Caldwell was feeling up to par we got straight to work! I'll back up, so on Monday before she was sick we had a really cool FHE with one of our members named Blanca and her family. Her brother is inactive and the girl he is dating is also inactive and they are just kinda a mess so we taught them a lesson on The Gospel of Jesus Christ and it went so well! Blanca told us about a dream she had where she saw her whole family (none of them are members except her inactive brother) in Heaven and they were all in white and Christ was just saying "Come, come." Wow. It was so cool. It gave her a lot of hope for her family, maybe they won't except the Gospel now, but with time I think they will, even if it is not in this life. 
So that was great, now fast forward to Thursday. We went to Pau for district meeting, it's about a 40 minute train ride. And it is soooo pretty there. It's really close to Spain. Anyway district meeting was great and we talked a lot about what Elder Ballard taught when he came to our mission a few weeks ago, just really teaching simply for understanding and treasuring up the word. So that's exactly what we did and we saw many miracles.
Miracle 1: On our way back from Pau we were sitting on a bench at the train station when the women next to us said "excuse me, is this train going to Lourdes?" She said it in ENGLISH!! So we answered her question and asked how she knew we spoke english and she replied "I didn't I just kinda felt like you might..." So she is from Canada and is on vacation in Lourdes (look up Lourdes it is like world famous and has an amazing cathederal and people come from all over the world to see this giant cathederal and get healed by the holy fountain inside) so we got on the train with her and taught her the Restoration and we are meeting up with her in Lourdes this week to give her a Book of Mormon in English and teach her again!! So cool! It was so nice to teach a lesson in English, I felt like I could really express myself and the spirit was so strong.
Miracle 2:   So we have an amie (investigator) named Henriette and her daughter's family is in our Branch. When her daughter Soeur Bordieux joined the church like 20 years ago Henriette was really angry cause she thought we were just a weird sect (everyone here thinks that) but as time has gone on and her husband has died and her heart has been softened she doesn't think that anymore. So we took a train ride to her house to teach her the Gospel of Jesus Christ and she loved it! During the lesson she just sobbed and talked about how she know's this is true. She showed us the BoM that her friend gave her with a testimony written inside and she was like Yeah I want to be baptized!!!! YAY!!!!!!!! So we have officially engaged her to be baptized!! She just needs to finish the lessons, stop drinking coffee and she will be gold!! I am so pumped! It was a miracle indeed.
Miracle 3: We show up to church on Sunday and we walk into Sacrament meeting and this cute little blonde lady is like "Hi, I'm here for work from UTAH and I don't speak French could you translate Sacrament meeting for me??" It was so cool!!! It is a rare occassion to see someone from Utah who isn't a missionary! Now this one was a miracle because I was feeling pretty fed up with French this week, learning a language is a very humbling process, you just have to accept that you don't really know anything and rely on the Lord to help you teach. But I was feeling down and I was thinking I wasn't a good teacher and I wasn't really contributing cause I don't speak French all that well, but helping Jennifer in Sacrament was cool. I translated for a little bit and yeah it was not perfect but I know more than I think. I just felt peace and comfort. Heavenly Father is truly aware of our needs and really loves us so much. We can't do anything without Him. We need Him every hour to guide our path, whether we are on a mission or not. We can't do this alone. I love this Gospel, I love being a missionary, I love seeing people change their lives for the Gospel.
I hope you all have a great week and that you really reach out to as many people as you can! Thank you for your love and support! Love you!
Love,
Sister Holmes

Ps: I may be getting transferred so stay tuned.........
FUN FACTS
Everyone and their dog here drives a BMW it's like driving Ford in America haha
Everyone wears shirt's with English phrases on them that always sound so funny. For example "Your style is who you're." ummmm what. So funny. 
LOVE YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment