Monday, December 14, 2015

The best early Christmas present!!

Bonjour!

This week was great! It really is starting to feel like Christmas:) Lyon is super pretty and decked out for Christmas and the mall smells like Christmas and there are lights in the street and everyone is just happier and it's great! I'm so happy:)

So lots of great things happened this week, comme dab I'll give you the highlights:)

JONAS AND SARAH GOT BAPTIZED:)

It was so wonderful:) This whole week pretty much consisted of us helping them get all ready and prepared for their baptisms.  They both went so so so well:) Saturday was Jonas' baptism and it was a beautiful service:) When he came up out of the water he gave Jeremie (the person who baptized him) the most tender hug with tear filled eyes. My heart was so warm and I just could feel so much love from Heavenly Father in that moment. At Jonas' baptism with the some other missionaires we sang Homeward Bound. It's my favorite song because it talks about our journey here on Earth and returning back to Heavenly Father. I've always kind of thought of it as a song about endings but since the whole song is about returning home, I thought it was fitting for a baptism since baptism is the first step to returning back home:) We recorded it so I'll try and send.

Sarah's baptism was also great! They had to baptize her 3 times cause her feet kept coming up, but hey she's like super clean now right?? haha She bore a beautiful testimony about the Gospel and shared how she first met missionaries when she was a teenager and then multiple times after that, but now was the right time for her to accept the gospel. It's really cool, because when we called her the first time, it was the day after the attacks in Paris. President had us call everyone in our areabooks and invite them to church and she was one of the people we called that night:) Miracles:)

This week we also had the ward Christmas party. You bet your life we acted out the Nativity. Guess who I way? Mary. Guess who Soeur Clancy was? A donkey. hahaha it was funny. So the Nativity was a Nativity of just missionaries so that was kind of weird. Joseph was another missionary in our ward. Awkward. We literally stood a mile apart from each other haha It was just weird. But something to remember haha I'll send pics.

So we did the hot chocolate thing again! SO FUN! It is seriously the best contacting activity and we always talk to so many people and we were able to show the Christmas video to a ton of people as well. We even found a new potential out of it:) I'll let you know what happens with her:)

I was also able to go on exchange with Soeur Gerritsen this week and it was so great! It was so fun to catch up and talk about the good old times in Cannes. It felt like we never left:)

Sorry this is kind of short but our whole week consisted of seeing Jonas and Sarah. I'm so grateful for their decsion to get baptized. It's the best Christmas gift they can give to Heavenly Father, to join His true church on the Earth. Their lives will never be the same and I feel so blessed that I was able to take part in their journey:) I love them so much!

So I want to share something from my studies this week, as I was reading in the Book of Mormon this week, I came across a scripture that really hit me. In Alma 5:37, it talks about how after knowing the ways of righteousness people still go astray and it says, "O ye workers of iniquity; ye that are puffed up in the vain things of the world, ye that have professed to have known the ways of righteousness nevertheless have gone astray, as sheep having no shepherd, notwithstanding a shepherd hath called after you and is still calling after you, but ye will not hearken unto his voice!"

Now this scripture is kind of harsh, but I think it can easily be applied to our own lives. How often does Heavenly Father ask us to do something or change something? But we don't because we let pride get in the way. Our free agency is the only thing God can't take from us. But as the good shepherd He calls after us again and again beckoning us to change to be more like His son or to come back to the fold.

This quote goes along perfectly with this concept, "I have struggled to banish the mortal desire to have things my way, eventually realizing that my way is oh so lacking, limited, and inferior to the way of Jesus Christ. “His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come.” Can we love Jesus Christ and His way more than we love ourselves and our own agenda?"-Neill F. Marriott

Giving up what we want for what the Lord wants isn't always easy. Something I really am working on, I know that by doing God's will we will always be happier. I love this Gospel and every blessing it brings me! I love this Christmas season and the opportunity we have to talk about the birth of our Savior. It's the best message we have to share:)

I love you all:)

Love,
Soeur Holmes
                                   

                                                                      BAPTISM PICTURES!

Me, Jonas, and Soeur Clancy

Me, Sarah, and Soeur Clancy




Saying Good-bye
I sure do love this sweet girl!!
We started this wonderful journey as MTC companions, and  we will end our journey just a few weeks apart from each other as we return home.
Friends Forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment