Saturday, September 13, 2014

week three in france: MIRACLES

Bonjour!! Wow time is flying here in Tarbes! Seriously. Ok everyone imagine how hot it is in like the middle of June.. that's how hot it is here! We in the South ma friends and it is HOT. I also discovered that I have curly hair?? Humidity does that. Anyway this week has been full of good things!
So on Tuesday we did an exchange with the Sister Training Leaders and it was awesome! I was with Soeur Luthi, she is from Cali and is returning home this transfer! She is such a good example to me and I defintely learned a lot from here. We had a goal that day between the other equipe of sisters and our assistants to fix 8 rdv's for the week and we did it!! So cool!! We also had a really great lesson that day with our amie (investigator) Julio! He had a baptisimal date but could not stop smoking, BUT he has been coming to church again and meeting with us twice a week so he is on the road to success! Also on Tuesday our DL gave us blessings and it was amazing, I am so grateful for the Priesthood, it said everything I needed to hear and more. Heavenly Father is os aware of our circumstances, we are blessed beyond measure.
Wednesday we went porting and had a lot of really great conversations with people, met some nice atheists haha they are always funny to talk to. So we mostly just contacted all day and it was really hot but it's weird cause I didn't want to go home, I just wanted to keep talking to people; like accept the Gospel already gash. 
Thursday we traveled allllllllllllllll day to Lyon so I could become legal! You are looking at a legal citizen of France my friends. 
Friday we got to Lyon and it was 1000 day! We combined with the Paris mission and every 30 minutes from 9 am to 9 pm we stopped and prayed that between our two missions we could find 1000 new people to teach. It was such a cool experience to be so unified with everyone for an amazing cause.
Saturday we traveled back to Tarbes and as soon as we got off the train we got straight to work! We met with Frere Pho like we do everysaturday for juice and a spiritual thought and it was great as always, if I could have half the faith this man has I would be GOLD. I have never met anyone with so much Faith. Then we saw a miracle qfter Frere Pho's. So we had a lesson with Julio but we were running late and so we texted and called him but he didn't reply, so we show up at the church 35 minutes late and he gets there at the exact same time!!! It wasa miracle, we taught the Restoration to him again and even though my french struggles hard core I know the spirit was there, and really the Spirit is the one teaching, not me. So that was a really cool experience! 
Sunday was great as well, my first fast sunday in France!! The branch gave some awesome testimonies and Soeur Caldwell and I taughtSunday school! We taught the first chapter of Preachez mon Evangile and it went really well, the branch struggles a lot and I think this will really help them by learining from Preachez mon Evangile. After church we took a train to an outer ville to teach an amie, but she didn't show.. not shocking cause it happens everyday here haha you just have to get over it and move on. So we went ot a members house in that ville to study while we waited for our train. Their name is the Polteau family, Soeur Polteau served a mission in England so she speaks english really well. They are awesome members and I always learn a lot from them. 
Well sorry that is really long but it was just a great week!! We have a train to Toulouse in an hour so I am out of time, I love you all. This Gospel is true. Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. God will never leave you alone, He loves you far too much. Serve someone this week, and smilleeeee. Love you!!!
Love,
Soeur Holmes
Also read the New Testament cause its bomb

No comments:

Post a Comment