Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Miracles

Bonjour!!
This week was a really good week! The longer I am on my mission the faster it goes. Sometimes I just wish it would slow down so I could catch my breath. haha This week was intense! So our district had a goal for each equipe to teach 20 lessons this week. That may not sound like a lot, but in this mission, it's a lot. It's hard but totally do able (is that a word??) anyway! So Soeur M and I worked super duper hard and we literally talked to EVERYONE. And we saw really cool miracles:)
Miracle 1:
So I have this thing where I really love contacting people who are smoking. I play this game called "lets see how long we can talk to them so their cigarette will go out" so we start talking to this girl, and at first she is just kind of answering our questions and not being very enthusiastic. But then we start to show her our my family books and talking about the family and really just asking her about her family and she just got really happy. She started telling us about her family and she was laughing and smiling and it was great. At the end of the conversation she gave us her number and she told us we could come over another time  to talk more about our message. Oh and her cigarette went out:)
Miracle 2:
Sunday morning we were heading to church and we still needed to teach one more lesson to get to 20. So we see this old lady and we kind of did the creepy missionary stalker thing and followed her for a second. We start to talk to her about her family and she opens up to us about how she lost her brother and sister on the same day. We started talking about the plan of salvation and we testified that she can live with her family again. She got all wide eyed and said, "really?? I've never heard that before! That is some good news." She's right. The Gospel is good news and I'm pretty sure in some language gospel literally translates to good news. We left her with a plan of salvation pamphlet because she didn't have a phone, but I hope one day Janet gets a phone and calls us so we can keep sharing the good news with her:)
After church on sunday we headed to angouleme to help the sisters there teach so that they could get their 20 lessons to! We took the 45 minute train ride their while it poured rain. We got off the train and it was still raining. The soeurs there still had 9 lessons to teach. So we prayed a lot and we put together all of our faith and we went out in the pouring rain and between the 4 of us we taught 9 lessons in 4 hours. It was incredible. We were all soaking wet but I didn't even feel cold. We talked to old people, young people, possibly drunk people, all sorts of people. And what I realized is that the gospel is literally for everyone. It's not exclusive to the wise or the rich. But the message of the gospel is for every person. Our message touches every person in a different way. My faith was built a lot yesterday as the Lord helped us accomplish miracles.
So remember Gladys? The less active we found on the bus?? Well we had a lesson with her this week. We first just tried to get to know her a bit and after that we asked her if we could pray with her. She burst into tears. She told us that she hadn't prayed in years. That her life had been really hard, so she turned away from God because she was hurt and angry. My heart broke for her, but President Achar bore an extremely powerful testimony of turning to God in times of sorrow, he shared his experience of losing his 3 year old son Celestin to cancer last year. We talked about the atonement with her and how if we use it in our lives we can feel so much peace. By the end of the lesson she seemed a little better. She shot down our invitation to come to church, but I hope that one day she comes back:)
This week I went to Bordeaux and did an exchange with Soeur James my mtc home girl and it was the bomb!! SO much fun!! I felt like I was just hanging out with my friend but doing killer missionary work! We had a crazy two hour lesson with one of their amis Thibaut. He asks really crazy questions and a lot of them, but it's because he's super hungry to learn the gospel which is great! Probably the longest two hours of my life but as we taught the gospel of Jesus Christ he started to understand the steps he needs to take in his life to be truly happy. And he wants to get baptized:) I'm excited to see what happens with him! Soeur James is just delightful and such a great missionary, and she taught me a lot. It was a great day. Oh and Bordeaux is beautiful. Ya'll should go.
Well sorry that this was so long but this week was just great! The transfer is flying by so fast. 2 weeks left in the transfer and I feel like it started yesterday. I hope you all have a great week and that you can share the good news of the gospel with others. I love you!
Love,
Soeur Holmes



                                               

                                                Eating tacos with our ami Ruhina.
                                            She has never had a taco in her life!!





Zone Conference






                                                                           Bordeaux      


                               
                                 Me and Soeur James                                          I love Bordeaux!!


No comments:

Post a Comment