Monday, March 23, 2015

Cannes

Bonjour!!
Ok so this past week has been really interesting! Probably the hardest week of my mission and the longest, but I feel like it will only get better from here on out.
So "white washing" into an area with zero investigators is really interesting! So we did a lot of contacting. A LOT. On the bus, on the street, every where. Did we get lost?? haha oh yes every single day. But luckily every time we got lost there was always someone there to help us find our way.
Last tuesday we had a really cool rendez-vous with our kind of ami (it's a long story) xiaomin! He is from China and he is here doing his studies. We went to his house with our relief society president Soeur Berthon. We talked about The Gospel of Jesus Christ and it was a really good lesson. He doesn't have a Christian background at all so teaching him is a little difficult. We he kept saying that he agreed with a lot of things and he really liked the idea of prophets! I was really happy by the end of that meeting.
The rest of the week we visited quite a few less actives and really just tried to do a lot of finding. We didn't have a ton of success, but we got a few numbers and I am hoping that will lead to something:)
Sunday was my favorite day:) We finally got to go to church and meet the members! Granted I didn't get to meet all of them because there was a lot of them, but it was good:) All of us missionaries sang in the choir and we got to bear our testimonies which was pretty great! I loved looking out and seeing so many happy smiling faces looking back at me, it brought me a lot of confort and reassured me that everything would be ok:)
oh!! and Xiaomin totally came to church! A recent convert and her husband brought him! It was awesome! I can't wait to see him again tomorrow and see how he liked church!
Today for p day we ate at a place called stake and shake which is like an in and out and it was incredible and I felt like I was at home. Then we went to the beach! The first time I have ever been to the beach and it was great:)
Sorry that this email is really kind of scatter brained and not super exciting but I am running out of time! I love you all and I hope your week is great!! If you could pray for us to find some new amis this week I would greatly appreciate that:) I love you, The Lord loves you, the church is true!!

Love,
Soeur Holmes





No comments:

Post a Comment