Monday, February 16, 2015

Bonjour

Bonjour!
Ok so this week was good but for some reason I am having the hardest time figuring out what to wrtie about so bear with me!!

MATHIEU
He is great and so so cool. He accepted to be baptized on March 14th:) Hopefully everything goes according to plan. He sent us a text that was like "can't wait for tuesday so I can tell you about what I read in the Book of Mormon" so I am super pumped for our rdv tomorrow with him

RUHINA
Ruhina is a girl I met on the bus and she is so cool. She speaks english. Love that. So we set up a rdv with her and she is really cool! She was drilling us with some tough questions though. Like what will it be like when the Savior comes again? Why is your church the best church of all the churches? How did you get your testimony? When did you know the bom was true?? AH! Like I know the answers to these questions but sometimes on the spot it's a wee bit hard to come up with a hit you straight in the heart response ya know?? She seemed satisfied though and we have another rdv tomorrow which I am really excited about cause she is cool!

JULIE
Julie. I love Julie so much. We cracked her. We figured out why she won't get baptized. She said she doesn't feel worthy. We had a beautiful lesson about repentance. Julie cried, I cried. The Spirit was strong and it made me think of my favorite quote from President Uchtdorf,“He is not waiting to love you until you have overcome your weaknesses and bad habits. He loves you today with a full understanding of your struggles. He is aware that you reach up to Him in heartfelt and hopeful prayer. He knows of the times you have held onto the fading light and believed—even in the midst of growing darkness. He knows of your sufferings. He knows of your remorse for the times you have fallen short or failed. And still He loves you.”
He loves us always. I know He loves Julie as much as He loves each and every one of us and He wants nothing more than for her to get baptized. I hope she gets an answer soon, because she is ready, she just needs to believe in herself.

For Valentines Day we went to Zone Training in Bordeaux and it was an absolute BLAST. Gosh I love seeing all of my missionary homies:) Our whole zone training was on something called Project Elijah. In the France Lyon Mission we will be turning the hearts of the children to their fathers as we really dive into working with family history. We have a brand new questionnaire for contacting about family history as well. It should be really great and I am super excited, the best way to invite the spirit is to get people talking about their families:) so if anyone has some good stories or facts for me about our family, send them my way!

YAZID:) he blessed the sacrament on Sunday. It was a proud mama moment for me. I'm seriously so proud of him and the choices he continues to make to follow Heavenly Father. I love you all! I hope your week is great and full of lots of love! It doesn't have to be valentines day to show love:) I love you!

avec amour,
Soeur Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment