Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Poitiers

Hello my darling family!

Turns out I am staying in Poitiers for another transfer! This transfer is kinda weird cause it's only 4 weeks but then the next transfer is 8 weeks, that's just kinda how it worked out with the new people coming in and stuff.
So yes I am staying here and I got a new companion! Her name is Soeur Zenger and she is from St. Louis Missouri and we are already great friends. She is actually only 1 transfer older than me in the mission so we're one of the youngest companionships in our mission. We're excited to get a lot of great work done here.

Aureche...so he probably has the most opposition out of anyone I have EVER met and it makes me so sad. He couldn't get baptized because our branch president was out of town and we didn't have anyone else to preside over the baptism AND we don't have a font here so we have to take a 2 hour train ride either to Angoulême or Limoges to get him baptized so that's also kinda frustrating. So we are praying to get him baptized this weekend because if it isn't this weekend it will be in December and he really can't wait that long with all the oppositon he is facing right now. Please pray that a miracle will come to pass and we can get him baptized ASAP!! He is so ready and his testimony is strong, it's just figuring out the small things now.

Julie:) she is our ami from Guadeloupe and she is the coolest person I have ever met. We taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ this week with one of our recent converts and it was so cool. The Spirit was incredible. She is literally a sponge. She soaks up everything we teach her so quickly. You know how you hear people talk about how there are just certain people who are ready for the gospel? Yeah, she is defintely one of those people. She knows how much happiness this will bring her and she picked a date to get baptized! She has chosen April 11 which is kinda far but we don't want to rush her at all. But we hope with time she'll realize that she wants to get baptized a little bit sooner. Also she came to church for the first time this Sunday and it was amazing. She was beaming from ear to ear and she had this light in her eyes, it was incredible. During out ami class we talked about eternal marriage. Our branch president was there, a recent convert named Catherine who is preparing for her own temple marriage in August, and 2 sisters from Bordeaux one of which just got baptized two months ago, her name is Sara. So we're having this great lesson and everyone is just giving great comments and Julie is just smiling and making great comments as well and it's just the best. And then it gets better. We felt impressed to ask Sara the recent convert to share her experience with her baptism. She got quiet, smiled and tears filled her eyes. She expressed how she had never felt this way before and that getting baptized was the best decison she had ever made and that she has never been happier. She was crying, I was crying, Soeur Caldwell was crying, we all were crying, and Julie was crying! The spirit was incredible and I knew in that moment that Julie knew it was true.

This week was great. So many blessings. It's always sad to say goodbye to people you care about, saying goodbye to Soeur Caldwell was really hard. She was my trainer/mom and I was so so so blessed to have such an amazing companion. She taught me more in 12 weeks than I could have learned in a lifetime on my own. They do say you progress and mature at a much faster rate on a mission; and I really saw that these past 12 weeks. So though I am sad to see her head back to America, I am grateful for all the laughs and life lessons I learned.

Have a good week everyone! Look for a miracle every day. There out there I promise:)

Love,
Soeur Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment