Wednesday, November 26, 2014

David Archuleta is coming!!!

Bonjour!

This week was a good one! We got in contact again with Aurech!! Praise the heavens above! So we are planning on baptizing him this Saturday, I keep praying all will go well. He says he wants to contact his family first and make sure they are ok with his decision. It made Soeur Zenger and I a little nervous but we hope he feels more at ease once he talks to them. I know that everything will turn out how it needs to. We jus have to have faith and really trust in Heavenly Father.

Julie is doing wondeful! And progressing so fast! We're almost done teaching her everything and her baptism is in April! I just keep praying that she'll move her date up. She's beyond ready. Our lesson this week went really well. She opened up to us about how she just doesn't feel "perfect" enough to get baptized. She was like "I'm trying so hard and doing my best, I just hope God knows I'm trying." We explained to her that she'll never be perfect in this life, none of us will be. But that God is happy with every small step we take towards Him. He never expects us to be perfect. I love this quote by President Uchtdorf, "We have all seen a toddler learn to walk. He takes a small step and totters. He falls. Do we scold such an attempt? Of course not. What father would punish a toddler for stumbling? We encourage, we applaud, and we praise because with every small step, the child is becoming more like his parents.
Now, brethren, compared to the perfection of God, we mortals are scarcely more than awkward, faltering toddlers. But our loving Heavenly Father wants us to become more like Him, and, dear brethren, that should be our eternal goal too. God understands that we get there not in an instant but by taking one step at a time."

I love that quote. We'll never really reach our full potential in an instant. It takes time, luckily we have a loving Heavenly Father who is always willing to hold our hand and walk with us if we let Him.

In that same rdv with Julie, we were finishing up when a man walked up to us in the library and said, "I know you! And I know that book!" I guess he used to meet with the elders, we asked if he had read it lately and he told us no, that it was too long and too hard. As he walked away I looked over at Julie, she looked kinda puzzled. She said, "That's too bad, I hope he understands one day before it's too late, but God is good." God is good and He loves all His children, even the ones who have gone astray.

So this weekend we had stake conference in Bordeaux and it was wonderful! That was the first time I've heard President and Sister Roney give a talk in French, it was really cool. It was really cool to attend a conference all in french, I was worried that I would have a hard time understanding but amazingly I understood most of it. The french is coming, slowly but surely! In the conference President Roney said about 3 different times, "Invite the missionaries over". It must have sunk in cause that night we got invited over by two different families for this week! There is something special about teaching members, it's hard to describe but I love being in members homes and teaching them.

OH I ALMOST FORGOT!! So we had zone training this week and they announced that David Archuleta is coming to our mission for our Christmas Zone Conference! Cool right?? I mean I've never really been like a hard core fan but he has a nice voice. Soeur Zenger was pumped and literally started to cry, she's a big fan, so this will be goood :) Also at zone conference we talked about something really cool that the church is doing for Christmas! In about 2 days you can all go to http://www.mormon.org/christmas/countdown and check it out! This video they are launching for Christmas is soo cool and we are going to be using it a lot this season to find new amis. The church is putting this video as the main banner on youtube the whole month of dec, so each time you go to youtube it'll be there! Which is awesome cause like the whole world is going to see this video! ALSO it'll be one one of the giant screens in timesquare in NYC the whole month too! The church is getting legit with social media my friends I am pumped.

This week was great! I'm so grateful for all of you and all your prayers, I feel them in my life. Have a great Thanksgiving and keep a list of what you are thankful for this week! I love you!

avec amour,

Soeur Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment