Tuesday, August 12, 2014

week 5

France Bound On Monday!
Holy cow I have no time today because I was replying to a lot of mission stuff from Pres and Sister Roney. So sorry that this isn't going to be very long!
How are we all doing?! I hope everyone is happy and doing well. Thanks for your letters and packages this week, I am one spoiled missionary!
This week has been so good! I honestly feel like I got here yesterday and now I'm leaving. I'm way sad to leave everyone but I am pumped to get to work in France! I know they need us there and I am just itching to talk to them about the Gospel! 
This week consisted of a lot of studying, prayers, and teaching. And it was great! We have invited Michel to be baptized twice now and he finally said "probably" so that's better than no! He has made so much progress in just 5 weeks. I can't wait to see what it's really like in the field. 
We also had the amazing opportunity to sing in sacrament this week. Our district sang Come thou fount and it was bomb. The spirit was so strong and people in the audience were crying. I love sharing my testimony with music, I hope I will be able to do that in France:)
We went to the temple for the last time today for 17 months. It was amazing. I'll miss it so much. Go as much as you can for me!
That's honestly about it for the week. Just a lot of last minute preparations to leave on Monday. Sorry this is short. I know the Gospel is true and I know that if we are obedient to what God has asked of us we will be blessed in so many ways. I know He loves us and cares about us so deeply. I am so grateful to be a missionary!!!
Love you all! Next time you hear from me, I'll be in France!!

Love,
Soeur Holmes

Funny story:
So French is really hard sometimes and sometimes you try and say things and they come out soooo wrong. We were practicing French in groups in class and I tried to ask and Elder in my district if he wanted to be with his family forever, but I accidentally asked him if he wanted to be with ME forever!! So funny. We were all dying. Gotta love learning a new language:)

No comments:

Post a Comment