Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First week in France!


Wow words can't describe this week! Disclaimer: French keyboards are weird so I am just warning you ahead of time for all the typos this email will have haha
It's been a tough week. On a mission you feel the highest highs and the lowest lows. But we choose to be happy, miserable, scared, sad, etc. Of course this is hard, I would never expect it to be easy, but it's the Lord's work and it's really important. 
I don't have a lot of time so this will be quick! France is really pretty and different. No one here believes in God, which is so strange. And everyone smokes it's way nasty haha I am in an area called Tarbes pronounced Tarbe. It's cute and for the most part people seem to be friendly! My comp is Soeur Caldwell and she is also really nice!
The best thing about this mission is the branch! They have so much faith and it's really hard to be a member here, some travel hours to get to church. They are amazing. 
We are teaching a family right now who is progressing really well, I know they'll get baptized:)
I have so much to say but I am out of time. I love you all and if I didn't reply to any of your individual emails know I am sorry and that I love you and I'll reply next week! You are amazing. Keep the faith!
Love,

Sister Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment