Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Week 3

Bonjour!
Holy I can't believe that I only have 3 weeks left in the Mtc! It feels like I got here yesterday! Crazy sauce. But this week has been so so so good!! It defintely had its ups and downs like always, but it was good and I feel like I learn something new every day.
So this week was really busy, but nothing too exciting happened. So last Wednesday Soeur Baggs and I got put into a trio with a girl named Soeur Banks. She is going to the West Indies and is the only sister in her district, so she doesn't have class with us, but she's our companion so she goes to like gym and meals with us. It's been really fun. It reminds me that I know a lot more than I think I know so that's good!
So Pioneer Day at the Mtc is kinda different than the real world, the bookstore is closed, we don't get mail, and we didn't get to watch fireworks so that was kind of a bummer. haha but it was still good. We taught a new investigator named Bridgette (aka Soeur Hoover our teacher) and it was really good! We taught her about how God is her loving Heavenly Father and that the Gospel blesses families. My french is still rocky, but I really felt the spirit during that lesson when we were testifying of the love that God has for her and her family. When all else fails and your French fails, your testimony won't fail you:)
So we had TRC's this week. It's pretty much where you teach members for 20 minutes each. Mostly we taught little old men with really shaky French, but it was so nice to teach someone who knows the Gospel. Because when we teach our pretend investigators it's so hard to remember that they don't know as much as we do. So it was cool to talk to people who knew the Gospel, and who were sharing their mission experiences with us. It was a really good experience. 
This week I had a really cool experience with the Priesthood. So for about the last week I have been having some pretty bad headaches. Not fun. So Soeur Baggs finally made me go to the clinic and see what was up. Turns out it's just some stress induced migraines and the nice doctor gave me some pills. That night I was prompted to ask for a blessing. Elder Thueson one of the elder's in my district gave it to me. It could not have been more perfect. Not only did it bring comfort and address the needs of my health, but it gave me so much guidance and comfort for other things that were weighing on my mind. I am so grateful to be surrounded by worthy young men who hold the Priesthood. It is such a blessing. 
On Sunday Sheri Dew taught Relief Society. It was so cool, she gave an amazing talk about the Priesthood. It was really good. Also on Sunday we participated in choir as usual. Man I love singing so much!! I am so blessed to have so many opportunities to sing here. Soeur Wallace and I are auditioning this week to sing at a devotional. Wish us luck!!! On Sunday night we had the opportunity to watch a devotional that Elder Bednar gave a couple years ago called, "The Character of Christ" It was the best thing I have ever seen. Like ever. It's one of those things you watch and you just want to be an amazing person and baptize the whole entire world. If you have a chance to watch it or read it you really should. I would google it or try Byu speeches. It's amazing. My favorite part was where he was talking about how we are all selfish human beings and that we need to develop the character of Christ. He said "Christ turns out to others, when you and I would turn in." That hit me. As humans we constantly think about ourselves and what we want and what we need and it's all about us. I am definitely at fault. Elder Bednar said, "Get over yourself, it's not about you, it's about Him." Boom. So powerful. It was so bold, but I think it's something everyone needs to here. I definitely need to become more like my Savior I am so glad I got to watch that. I have grown and changed so much these past couple weeks. I am so grateful to be on this journey, even when it's hard.
That's pretty much it for the week!! Lots of funny moments happened I just can't remember all of them right now. I love you all and keep working hard and being awesome!! Also keep the letters and dear elders coming I love hearing from all of you!!!! Love you so much!!

Love,
Soeur Holmes


No comments:

Post a Comment