Friday, July 18, 2014

week 1

Bonjour family and friends!! Holy cow like honestly I have so much to say but I don't know if I have the time to type all of it!! So I'll just start from the beginning, the first day was straight up hard, being a missionary is honestly the hardest thing I have ever done in my whole life! But guess what? It's worth it. You feel the spirit so strong every single day, and I'm changing and learning so much!!
So I have a way awesome companion! Her name is Soeur Baggs and she is also an Aggie which makes her way cool! We couldn't be more opposite haha but it's good. I'm super care free and chill and she's kinda uptight but we balance each other out and believe it are not it we make a great team!! 
So the Mtc is nothing like I thought it would be. I kinda thought like you would never smile or have fun or laugh. Boy was I so wrong!! We laugh all the time, you'll go crazy if you don't!! The first hour I was in the mtc I already had an awkward experience... so I was sitting in our class and Soeur Hoover our teacher is spitting out French like it's English (It's not) and I'm trying to adjust my name tag cause it was bugging. Well I accidentally let go of the back of the magnet and it fell down my dress!! haha Soeur Baggs and I just started busting up laughing. It was too good. I have had many more awkward experiences that I can't even count. 
French is HARD. So hard!!! But I have already seen myself improve so much from Wednesday to know. The gift of tongues is real. I've felt it, I know it works! We have been teaching our investigator Michel this week and things are going along well, I smile and nod a lot but it's not too bad. I can understand him pretty well, it's just that I have a really hard time responding to him cause I don't speak french well. haha 
So in the mtc they say "just make it to Sunday" Well by the time Sunday came around I was thinking Sunday better be pretty awesome if everyone is making a big deal out of it. Well it was!! It was awesome! Church is kinda weird cause there is like 30 of us and we are in a classroom and it's all in French, but the Spirit is so strong and I love it! But we also have choir and a devotional on Sunday and that is bomb. Choir is way fun and the devotional is always really good!!
My District is great! There is me and my comp and another companionship of sisters and then three sets of elders! I actually know one of the elders cause he is from Kaysville! But they are all straight up hilarious and we get a lot done and we have so much fun! The Elders all love to tease me of course because who doesn't? haha The first day I got 4 packages and I never heard the end of it from them! (Thank you all for your packages and letters!!) We also have 3 elders in our zone who are speaking haitian creole and going to Florida; their district consists of 3 of them so we adopted them into ours, they are way fun too. Everyone here is so nice and willing to help you! I'll be honest I didn't super love it here the first few days, but now I'm so happy I am here! I couldn't think of anything better to be doing with my time. The gospel is 100% true, how lucky we are to know that! 
OH!! I have seen so many people I know! Like literally Davis High goes to the mtc. I have seen a ton of my friends! It's kinda weird that you can't hug guys but handshakes are nice haha I saw Hermana Frodsham the second day and we just hugged while I cried like a baby. It's so nice to see people who really know me! Sorry that this email is super scattered and random, I am sure I'll get better at it. Thank you so much for all your love and support. Thank you to those of you who have sent packages and letters. It means the absolute world to me! I know this church is true, I know the Livre de Mormon is the word of God, Joseph Smith restored the gospel to the earth. And our Heavenly Father loves us. I love you all so much!! Until next week!

Love,
Soeur Holmes


No comments:

Post a Comment